Saturday, July 02, 2005

Worry Not

She watches from the sunless towers as they beat upon the Jewish soldier, Yes the Holocaust, A hellish dilemma, A fiery hatred in the Nazi's eyes, The kind of anguish that affects the whole world, She was there...A young mans complicated suicide, She told him to fear not, For the path shall be bright, If ye follow the light, He jumped, She was there... She watches in the window of my home whilst he suffocates in his own life, Tears will fall down my pale, round face, Black from eyeliner, Holding the air in my lungs to prevent suppression, She is there... As a girl stands in front of her mirror, Broken and lost, Knife in hand, She shall pull her away, Only to say, Worry not my young mistress, For your life will get better, Your wounds will heal, Your cracked heart will ameliorate, Love will consume you, And the one of your dreams will tell you, Baby worry not...Worry not...

2 Comments:

Blogger Tumor Boy said...

Are these your words?
Sometimes you scare me (in sort of a good way, I think)
I had to look up ameliorate!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Serendipitous Soul said...

Its a poem I wrote for my Jewish teacher, Ms. Fowler-Dixon. She asked me to write about a past dilemma, so the Holocaust just seemed to relevent.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home